After multiple pregnancies or major weight loss surgery, some women can experience loose or sagging abdominal wall skin. This skin is frequently the result of abnormal relaxation of the anterior wall muscles. To correct this event, Dr. Zienowicz performs an Abdominoplasty, commonly known as a “tummy tuck”. Using techniques pioneered by Dr. Zienowicz himself, he will give you smoother, flatter, more youthful-looking stomach you’ve always wanted and allows you to feel comfortable showing off your tighter, more-toned physique.
Types of Tummy Tucks
- Traditional or Full: A Traditional tummy tuck is a complex yet standard surgical procedure for the abdomen. It addresses and improves the look of the entire abdominal area and only leaves a small horizontal incision below the bikini line.
- Partial or Mini: A partial tummy tuck only affects the lower region of the abdomen. This procedure leaves an even smaller incision also below the bikini line.
- Lateral Tension Tummy Tuck: Called a lateral tension tummy tuck because it sutures the muscles of the abdomen laterally, this procedure tightens the skin of the stomach and thighs for a more youthful look. Lateral tension tummy tucks create a small, single, curved incision just below the bikini line.
- Modified Tummy Tuck: A “Modified Tummy Tuck” is a term that is used to describe a surgical tummy tuck procedure that is tailored to your needs. You may want to target certain areas, strengthen your torso, stimulate post-operative weight loss, or relocate your navel to the appropriate location. Modified tummy tuck procedures can accomplish all of this and more.
- Reverse Abdominoplasty: This is a procedure used to address loose excess skin in the upper abdomen, for patients who may have excess fatty tissue in the lower abdomen without skin excess. The technique is to start with incisions that follow the lower breast fold then cross the lower sternum to connect both sides of the abdomen. These scars generally hide very well even in two piece bathing suits. The full thickness skin is elevated down the abdomen preserving the vital blood supply on either side of the belly button. If upper rectus muscles need to be tightened this can proceed. Any abdominal fatty excess can also be corrected with liposuction at this time.
The Benefits of Tummy Tucks
Tummy tucks have been a mainstay of the cosmetic surgery industry since the beginning. However, in the past, they have frequently left unsightly scars that have made it nearly impossible for women to showcase the flat, muscular look of their new abdomens or even to wear a bikini to the beach. Now, Dr. Zienowicz and bodybyZ offer tummy tucks that have been perfected for the modern woman! Our procedures produce a small incision scar that resides in the pubic area, not the upper abdomen; becoming virtually invisible while accomplishing a host of goals for your new appearance:
- Removes fat
- Tightens muscles
- Eliminates loose skin
- Eliminates “muffin top” and “belly bulge”
- Improves self-confidence & overall comfort
- And more…
What you need to know when you’re ready for a tummy tuck
For more information concerning abdominoplasty surgery, or if you would like to schedule your own personalized consultation with Dr. Zienowicz and bodybyZ, please call us at 401.453.0120. Or use our convenient online Request a Consultation form.